Leadership development opportunity for ELCA church leaders. Led by Tod Bolsinger, author of Canoeing the Mountains: Christian Leadership in Uncharted Territory, participants will:
- Hear testimonies of new life--not just numerical growth or church transformation--in diverse contexts.
- Wonder about God’s call for change in your community.
- Engage with leaders in practical questions of “how”
- How did you lead through change?
- How did you manage naysayers or difficulties?
- How can you lead differently?
- How can new spiritual disciplines stimulate and empower fresh and creative engagement with our changing world?
- Make a concrete plan for spiritual development for yourself that is rooted in the needs of your role and context.
January 24-25, 2019
St Andrew Lutheran Church, Eden Prairie, MN
Registration and more information can be found at: https://standrewu.org/
Cost: $99 though Nov 30th, $129 after
January 28 - February 1, 2019
Joy Ranch Retreat Center
This core EQ HR Center workshop is an intensive four or five-day session designed to enable participants to learn about, build and practice emotional intelligence skills in a small group setting. Skilled facilitators provide tools and feedback to enable participants to learn about themselves and to immediately practice emerging skills. As group life unfolds, participants give and receive feedback regarding the impact they have on others in the group. Participants will learn both inter-personal and intra-group communication skills.
The Pulpit Supply List consists of Clergy/SAM/alumni, and laypersons that are available to help with services. If you have questions or wish to be added or removed from the list, contact the synod office at 701.232.3381
The recommended remuneration for Sunday supply preaching in the Eastern North Dakota Synod is $125 for a single service and $50 for each additional service, plus mileage at the current Internal Revenue Service rate. The Internal Revenue Service has issued its 2016 optional standard mileage rates. Due to falling gas prices, mileage reimbursement rates have dropped to .545 cents per mile, effective January 1, 2018.
Use of this rate is optional, though it is widely seen by churches as a simple way to determine a standard rate for calculating mileage reimbursement for employees who use their personal vehicle for ministry or business purposes. If your organization uses the IRS rate to calculate mileage reimbursement, be sure to update your systems to account for this change.
It is recommended to make reimbursement as soon as possible.
2018 Debt Repayment Grant Application (note: there are 2 tabs)
Student Loan Repayment Grant (2017)
- Must be postmarked by April 30, 2018
Pension Equity Grant (2017)
- Must be postmarked by April 30, 2018
- Purpose: To supplement pension payments for rostered leaders serving in the synod, whose compensation is at the low end of the salary scale.
- Background Data: “Defined Compensation” is a term used by Portico (ELCA Pension Provider) to determine pension payments for rostered leaders. It includes base salary, social security allowance and housing allowance. If a parsonage is provided instead of a housing allowance, then 30% of the base salary figure is classified as housing compensation (per IRS regulations). Congregations are encouraged to make a pension contribution of 10% of the annual defined compensation.
- The annual amount for eligibility of pension equity grants is set by the Endowment Committee annually. It is currently at $50,000.
- The average compensation in North Dakota is below the ELCA average. Since pension contributions are based on compensation, we are trying to make up the difference. Our goal is to supplement pension payments for rostered leaders whose pension contributions are below the ELCA average.
- Applications are available in January, due April 30.
- Allocation will be made each calendar year, for the previous year
- Rostered leaders who have served the entire previous calendar year in Eastern North Dakota are eligible to apply.
- Payment will be made directly to Portico into the rostered leaders account upon approval of the grant application.
- Allocation will be prorated for less than full time
Leadership Development Grant Application
- Accepted anytime. Applications will be reviewed at the next Endowment Committee Meeting. The Endowment Committee typically meets in May and November.
Questions? Contact Jakelle