By: Bishop Tessa Moon Leiseth
November 8, 2023
Yesterday we arrived safely and were welcomed at the airport by ELCA Regional Representative Willie Langdji and local church leaders. Before making our way to our hotel, we stopped at St. Timothy’s Lutheran Church for a welcome and prayers. We were also greeted along the road by children and staff from St. Timothy’s school. Later we returned to St. Timothy’s for further welcome. We learned the story of the congregation and were well fed. Today, we travel by road to Bouar for the centennial festivities.
Enjoy photos from our trip below!
1. After our arrival at the airport, we briefly visited a local congregation. Pastor Théophile (left) prayed for our group.
2. St. Timothy's Lutheran Church
3. St. Timothy's Lutheran Church
4. Greetings along the road from St. Timothy's Lutheran School.
5. Greetings from the school children of St. Timothy's Lutheran School.
6. Generous and good food was shared by the church as they welcomed us.
7. Waiting to travel to Bouar.