In our ever-changing world, it is critical the congregations of Eastern North Dakota Synod are challenged to think creatively about how to share God’s love and grace in the 21st century.
The synod exists to strengthen partnerships, recruit and develop leaders, and equip congregations to do God’s work in the midst of a changing church and society.
To encourage ministry vitality and inspire congregations and ministries to think boldly
and innovatively about ways to bring God’s altar into God’s world, we’d like to establish
an endowment fund to support “Holy Innovations.”
This endowment will provide match dollars for innovative ministry initiatives which live out
the synod’s mission statement “Jesus Christ calls us to live in love as we serve, equip and challenge God’s people.”
Congregations/Ministries will be invited to submit grant applications annually.
There will be three tiers of grant categories available:
- Serve Grant - matching dollars up to $5,000
- Equip Grant - matching dollars from $3,000 - $15,000
- Challenge Grant - matching dollars of $15,000 or more
Each grant tier will have accountability parameters to ensure dollars are being faithfully invested:
- Equip Grants - Congregations receiving Equip grants will be asked to participate in Vitals Signs - a 2 year journey toward defining your congregations strategy for growing in life-giving relationships with God, each other and the world.
- Challenge Grants - Congregations receiving Challenge grants will be asked to participate in "Vital Signs" as well as have their rostered minister(s) participate in the synod's soon to be created leadership academy.
Because we believe leadership and congregational vitality go hand in hand, two programs will
emerge out of this endowment to compliment and support congregations:
• CONGREGATIONAL VITALITY COHORT
A facilitated process bringing together cohorts of Congregational Teams to grow vitality:
life-giving relationships with God, each other, and the world. They will be supported
by coaching and discovery will be shared as we build a Synod-wide learning community.
• LEADERSHIP ACADEMY
An intensive year-long academy bringing together a cohort of rostered ministers to grow
in the core competencies of preaching, teaching and serving.
For more information or to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org