On behalf of Dacotah O`yate and the families affected by the apartment fire, I want to express my sincere thanks to all in the Eastern North Dakota Synod for the tremendous responses by congregations and individuals. And there are still efforts continuing by many in the Synod. This is just an update on the families and what is still needed.
So far, four of the twelve families have located housing, one family expects to get into a house tomorrow (Tuesday 8/16/11). The rest are remaining with family and are looking for housing.
Clothing and blankets:
We no longer need men and women’s clothing, blankets or quilts for the fire victims. However, if there are people who want to donate these items, we do have a clothing shelf in the area where we will make sure these items will be put to good use.
We are still in need of children’s clothing, school supplies, and toys.
The following furniture items are still needed:
- couches/sofas, love seats, recliners/arm-chairs
- kitchen tables and chairs
- box springs with mattresses, bed frames and dressers
- end tables, book cases, stands, etc.
We are in real need of the following appliances:
- 8-washer/dryer sets
- toasters, microwaves, coffee makers, mixers, etc.
- miscellaneous items: cooking utensils of all kinds, pots pans, dishes, silverware, rugs, towels/wash clothes, dish towels
Blessings to all,
Larry Thiele, S.A.M.
Dacotah O`yate Lutheran Church
28 Part Series: God in Full View in North Dakota
- Dad, what’s God?
- Blessing in Abundance
- A Sunday for Mission
- Building Expansion in Thompson, ND
- Prairie Rivers Parish Mission Strategy Process
- Ribbon Cutting in Celebration of 75 Years of Ministry
- Together in Mission
- St. John Lutheran, Fargo, meets World Hunger Challenge
- Benevolence Education
- Refugees Build School with Help from ELCA Global Gifts
- Calvary Lutheran, Grand Forks, featured in ELCA synod assembly video
- C.A.R. Motorcycle Project
- Humans as Stewards
- Quilts for Japan: A need. A reality. (Updated)
- Enthusiasm Spreads Out from Walhalla
- Congratulations to Leadership Program for Musicians (LPM) Graduates
- Thank you from Rev. Golike, Central African Republic
- A Letter from Dacotah O`yate Lutheran Church
- A Harvest of Giving
- Little Dresses for Africa
- New Parish is Named
- Church Rebuilt After Burning Down
- Local Activist Devoted to Hunger Issues and Empowering Women
- Cando Area Food Pantry Awarded Agency of the Year
- God’s work… an organist’s hand; a quilter’s hand
- 96 Acres
- A Response to the 3 Questions
- Damage in Duluth