Recently a group of Edinburg area residents, including members from Trinity Lutheran Church, made quilts to send to Japan after the earthquake and tsunami. Carol Bjornson was the “spark” behind the project. Community support for the quilt project was wonderful as fabric donations and monetary donations were given. Thirty-two quilts were cut, pieced and tied within 5 days and are now ready to be sent to a church in Japan for distribution. Pastor Darrel Cory, Interim Pastor at Trinity Lutheran, is making shipping arrangements.
The people who physically made this project a reality are: John and Carol Bjornson, Carrie Byron, Pam Sondeland, Chuck and Rita Mielke, Lois Otto, Cathy Axvig, Wilma Gemmill, Lois Ydstie, Doris Haug, Bonnie Amundrud, Helen Sundvor, Jan Nygard, Marj Nygard, Toni Monsebroten and Loretta Monson. This truly was a labor of love, not only from those who worked on the quilts, but also from those who willingly helped defray the expenses. Everyone involved agreed this was really a fun and fulfilling project.
Update: June 21, 2011
Recently a group of Edinburg area residents, including members from Trinity Lutheran Church, made quilts to be distributed in Japan following the devastating earthquake and tsunami. Community support for the quilt project was wonderful as fabric donations and monetary donations were given. Thirty-two quilts were cut, pieced and tied within five days.
Pastor Darrel Cory, interim pastor at Trinity Lutheran, made arrangements for the quilts to be donated to Rev.Okofuna, Ishinomaki Eiko Church, and United Church of Christ, which was damaged by the tsunami. The quilts were being hand delivered to individual victims and also donated to parents of the Kindergarten.
28 Part Series: God in Full View in North Dakota
- Dad, what’s God?
- Blessing in Abundance
- A Sunday for Mission
- Building Expansion in Thompson, ND
- Prairie Rivers Parish Mission Strategy Process
- Ribbon Cutting in Celebration of 75 Years of Ministry
- Together in Mission
- St. John Lutheran, Fargo, meets World Hunger Challenge
- Benevolence Education
- Refugees Build School with Help from ELCA Global Gifts
- Calvary Lutheran, Grand Forks, featured in ELCA synod assembly video
- C.A.R. Motorcycle Project
- Humans as Stewards
- Quilts for Japan: A need. A reality. (Updated)
- Enthusiasm Spreads Out from Walhalla
- Congratulations to Leadership Program for Musicians (LPM) Graduates
- Thank you from Rev. Golike, Central African Republic
- A Letter from Dacotah O`yate Lutheran Church
- A Harvest of Giving
- Little Dresses for Africa
- New Parish is Named
- Church Rebuilt After Burning Down
- Local Activist Devoted to Hunger Issues and Empowering Women
- Cando Area Food Pantry Awarded Agency of the Year
- God’s work… an organist’s hand; a quilter’s hand
- 96 Acres
- A Response to the 3 Questions
- Damage in Duluth