Is your congregation yearning for renewal?
A major study done by the ELCA research unit has identified three key ingredients for renewal:
- Discovering a shared purpose for participating in God’s mission locally and beyond
- Willingness to change for the sake of the Gospel
- Shared leadership between pastor and congregational leaders
The Eastern North Dakota and Northwestern Minnesota Synods’ Transformation Ministry Team and the ELCA Unit for Evangelical Outreach and Congregational Mission (external link) have designed a renewal journey called Re-rooting in God’s Mission that may cultivate new life in congregations.
About the process:
This is not a magic bullet, program or a project. Re-rooting in God’s Mission is a transformational ministry process designed to unfold over a 24-month period of time. The process is rooted in three retreat-training experiences revolving around listening to God, listening to each other and listening to our neighbors. It is an intense process of renewal that involves the whole congregation. The process begins and continues with prayer and in-depth engagement with God’s word. Leaders (at least four, including pastor) selected by the congregation attend the retreat-training to be equipped to engage their congregation in transformation.
Teams attending can expect to:
- Prepare for participation
- Experience transformative worship and digging into the Bible
- Receive tools for getting to know and engaging their community
- Make mission action plans to implement each step of the way
- Bring the spirit of transformation back into your congregation
Cost and Registration:
$150 per congregation - covers meals, refreshments, and resource materials
(non-refundable check payable to Northwestern Minnesota Synod – Re-rooting in God’s Mission, due with registration form)
To register, contact Pr. Keith Zeh at the EaND Synod Office