Region 3 -ELCA Transforming Ministry Event
October 7-10, 2010
Green Lake Bible Camp (external link)
Is your congregation yearning for renewal? A major study done by the ELCA research unit has identified three key ingredients for renewal:
- Discovering a shared purpose for participating in God’s mission locally and beyond
- Willingness to change for the sake of the Gospel
- Shared leadership between pastor and congregational leaders.
The Unit for Evangelical Outreach and Congregational Mission – ELCA (external link) has designed a renewal journey called Transformational Ministry that may cultivate new life to congregations.
About the Process:
This is not a program or a project. Rather it is an intense process of renewal that involves the whole congregation. The process begins with prayer and in depth study of the Book of Acts. Leaders selected by the congregation attend a ministry transformation training event. The training experience planned in Region 3 is supported by Synods and EOCM in Region 3 to prepare leaders for engaging their congregations into a new future.
Teams Attending Can Expect To:
- Experience great worship and digging into the Bible.
- Get tools for getting to know and engage their community.
- Make a six month mission action plan.
- Bring the spirit of transformation back into your congregation.
Would you like more information?
Contact Pastor Keith Zeh at the Synod Office