You are invited to attend… Working the Word!
An inaugural Book of Faith (external link) training event for lay and rostered leaders of the Eastern North Dakota and Northwestern Minnesota Synods.
- Are you looking for a way to revitalize Bible study in your congregation?
- Do you have a desire to make scripture more accessible to the people you serve?
- Do you wish to dig deeper into God’s revealed word and to invite others to join you?
Throughout the 2 1/2 days of Working the Word!, Dr. Harry Wendt, of Crossways International (external link) will equip participants to lead several short courses. Through the pages of scripture we will explore the themes of service toward God and neighbor, stewardship, and God’s gift of grace.
Two events are scheduled for November 2008:
- November 9 – 11 at Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd (external link) in Moorhead, MN
- November 16 – 18 at Sharon Lutheran Church (external link) in Grand Forks, ND
Both events will begin on Sunday at 6:30 pm and conclude Tuesday at 4:30 pm. Registration is $100 per participant and includes meals and materials.
This educational opportunity is made possible through a collaboration of the Eastern North Dakota Synod, the Northwestern Minnesota Synod (external link), and Thrivent Financial for Lutherans (external link).