What is Lay School?
The School for Lay Ministry’s purpose is to provide adult Christian education in the areas of the Old and New Testament, Lutheran Confessions, Pastoral Care, Worship & Liturgy, and Church History. To do this, we draw on the gifts of seminary professors, those who serve in specialized ministries, and others. The School serves the synods of Northwestern Minnesota and Eastern North Dakota and is open to any person, lay or rostered in the two synods.
Watch for more information to come for the following dates!
June 24-27 THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED
Lay School of Theology at Luther Seminary, St. Paul
- Dwight Zscheile, "Design Thinking in Congregational Life"
- Terri Elton, "Adaptive Leadership"
- Michael Binder, "Listening to God, Each Other, and Neighbors"
- Dawn Alitz, "Growing Discipleship and Leaders through Coaching"
- Katherine Langston, "Communications and Social Media for Churches"
- Paul Hanson, "Changing Church, Changing Campus"
G.I.F.T.S. Events - hosted by Western North Dakota Synod
Click here for more information about the G.I.F.T.S. events.