The Eastern North Dakota Synod Nominating Committee is pleased to announce the slate of nominees that will be included on the first ballot for Bishop at the 2020 Synod Assembly in August. They include:
- Rev. Jessica Daum - Eastern North Dakota Synod
- Rev. Michael Jacobson - Martin's Lutheran Church, Casselton
- Rev. Tessa Moon Leiseth - Horace Lutheran Church, Horace
- Rev. Lynn Ronsberg - Sharon Lutheran Church, Grand Forks
- Rev. Ivy Schulz - Calvary Lutheran Church, Grand Forks
- Rev. Matt Valan - Messiah Lutheran Church, Fargo
- Rev. Kristina Weber - Trinity Lutheran Church, Jamestown
These names originally surfaced from the congregations of the synod. Each conference then held an assembly to identify seven nominees. This list represents the seven nominees who secured the greatest number of votes from all eight conferences.
Electing a bishop is one of the most important responsibilities in the life of a synod in the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. As an election, it is a process governed by the constitution, bylaws, and continuing resolutions of the synod; however, it is also a call process. A such, it involves discernment, from the perspective both of individual potential nominees and of the synod as a whole. Thus, engaging in prayerful reflection and seeking the guidance of the Holy Spirit are indispensable aspects of the process.
We invite you and your congregation to pray for those discerning a call to serve as bishop; as well as our synod as together we live our mission "Jesus Christ call us to live in love as we Serve, equip and challenge God's people."
IT TAKES ALL OF US!